Congratulations to Spring Class of 2019!
Now accepting applicants for Year 2023
SCHEDULES: Tuesdays and Thursdays 3-7PM
Class 1: Mar 8- May 12, 2022
Class 2: Jun 21 - Aug 25, 2022
Class 3: Sept 29 - Dec 06, 2022
EWhat does a Medical Biller & Coder do?
From clinics to hospitals, medical billers and coders use alphanumeric codes to document patient diagnoses and treatments. Duties include:
- Reading and analyzing patient records.
- Determining the correct codes for patient records.
- Using codes to bill insurance providers.
- Interacting with physicians and assistants to ensure accuracy.
- Keeping track of patient data over multiple visits.
- Managing detailed, specifically-coded information.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality and information security.
Medical Billers & Coders have been working behind the scenes, ensuring payments are being processed for patients to receive optimal care from treating providers. While you will be required to interact and communicate with physicians and assistants to a certain degree, much of your work will be independent from everything else that goes on in a health care facility.
What will I learn during my Medical Billing & Coding training?
International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision Clinical Modification (ICD-10 CM) Code knowledge understanding diagnoses and treatments given establish medical codes to transcribe patient history
Learn to bill, through providers, to insurance companies.
Course Fee: Effective Aug 1, 2021
Registration fee: $250.00 -*Note: This is a non-refundable pre-registration fee. Fee is included into the program fee.
Program Fee: $1,288.00 - Includes registration fee, tuition, use of facility and supplies. Text book must be purchased.
For more information, download our brochure or call 808.933.1295